Form W-2


Form W-2 is a statement of earnings produced each January to show how much you earned during the previous calendar year and how much was withheld in taxes. You need your W-2 form to file federal and state tax returns.

W-2s are mailed out by University Payroll during the month of January, typically during the last week of the month.  W-2 forms for domestic students will be sent to the home address that appears on the Student Link, through the “Address and Phone” option, under the Personal Tab.  W-2 Forms for international students will be sent to the local address which appears on the Student Link.

You can change that address by changing your address on file with the University Registrar or by notifying Student Payroll.

Address changes submitted to the Student Payroll Office should be sent in writing or via e-mail to  Include your name, BUID, and new address.

Current students can access their W-2 via the BUWORKs Central Portal.  If a hard copy is desired it may be printed from the portal.  You can follow these steps to access your W-2.

If you have graduated or withdrawn from the University and have not received your W-2 by the second week in February, you may request a duplicate W-2 by e-mail at  Please be sure to include:

  • Your name
  • Your BUID number
  • The year you need the W-2 for
  • The address you would like it mailed to

Note:  If you are in the Boston area and would prefer to pick up your duplicate W-2 in person you may indicate that in your email.

It typically takes 2 business days for a duplicate W-2 to be produced.