Quickie Student Contract
Because many Quickie Jobs are in private homes, we have established strict policies for students who use the Service. You are responsible for knowing how the system works.
- A BU ID card is required to receive Quickie referrals.
- You may take no more than 3 Quickie referrals per day.
- You must report back on Quickie referrals within 24 hours, with a status of “placed,” “not placed,” or “still trying.” E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org after hours or on weekends.
- If you cannot reach an employer, or if you decide not to take a Quickie Job, you must still report on that referral within 24 hours.
- Failure to report back on a referral will result in a “strike.” Three strikes will result in a one-month suspension from the Service.
- When reporting to a Quickie Job, present your referral and BU ID card to the employer.
- Only students with their own referrals may go to a Quickie Job. Quickie students who bring friends or relatives, or who share information regarding Quickie referrals, will no longer be allowed to use the Service.
- You should never demand pay higher than the posted rate.
- If you have a problem with an employer, first discuss your concerns with the employer. If issues cannot be resolved, schedule an appointment with the Student Employment Services Manager.
- International students will be given referrals only to on-campus jobs. (See the Employment Guide for International Students).
The Quickie Jobs Service is a free listing service for employers in the Greater Boston community. All hiring and compensation for work performed is handled directly between the student and the employer.
The Student Employment Office does not perform background checks on listing employers or companies, nor does it endorse or sanction any employer or company. Students are advised to use good judgement when accepting a position.
I have read and understood the policies and procedures of the Quickie Job Service and agree to abide by them. If I fail to do so, I understand that I will be suspended from the Service.
You will be registered to use the Quickie Job Service within 24 hours of submitting this contract. Please print a copy of this contract for your records.