Required Paperwork: Work-Study
Direct Deposit Authorization Form
Authorizes BU to deposit your paycheck directly into your bank account (checking or savings). If you already have direct deposit from working at BU previously, you do not need to resubmit.
For on-campus Work-Study positions:
- Award Confirmation Form, on the Student Link under Work-Study Award Information.
For off-campus Work-Study positions:
- Off-Campus Authorization.
Completed by your hiring employer and approved by BU Work-Study prior to your accepting an off-campus job.
If this is your first time working at Boston University:
- Form W-4
Bring your completed Form W-4 to your hiring supervisor or to the Student Employment Office.
- Further information is available regarding Taxes.
- Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
Form I-9 must be completed in the presence of a BU staff member. Present original documents from one of the following options:
- Option 1: US Passport
- Option 2: BU ID and Social Security Card
- Option 3: BU ID and Birth Certificate
For other options, see the LISTS OF ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS on the last page of the form.