Direct Deposit Authorization
Authorizes BU to deposit your paycheck directly into your bank account (checking or savings). If you already have direct deposit from working at BU previously, you do not need to resubmit. If you have never worked for BU before, you’ll need to wait until after you receive your first paper paycheck to set up this service.
If this is your first time working at Boston University:
- Form W-4
Bring your completed Form W-4 to your hiring supervisor or to the Student Employment Office
- Further information is available regarding Taxes.
- Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification)
- A student must complete the Form I-9 prior to or on first day of his/her employment. If the I-9 has not been completed, the student cannot commence working until the I-9 has been completed.
- Form I-9 must be completed in the presence of a BU staff member, either in the hiring department or at FirstPoint, located at 881 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd
- Present original* documents from one of the following most commonly used options**:
- Option 1: US Passport
- Option 2: BU ID and Social Security Card
- Option 3: BU ID and Birth Certificate
* Note: Federal Regulations prohibit the use of any reproductions of the original documents.
**For additional options, see the LISTS OF ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS on the last page of the form.