BUILD Work-Study Jobs
BUILD hires Work-Study students for two positions:
- Provide literacy tutoring to children in preschool through 5th grade in after-school, in-school, or hospital programs.
- Tutors must be punctual, flexible, and committed to working with children from diverse backgrounds.
- Tutors must work a minimum of six hours per week over two different days. BUILD provides tutor training sessions, which are mandatory for all tutors, during the academic year.
- Perform the same duties as a tutor, and in addition supervise tutors at assigned site and serve as a liaison between site contact and BUILD program coordinators.
- Lead tutors should have prior administrative or supervisory experience. Prior experience tutoring and/or working with children preferred.
- Lead tutors must work a minimum of seven hours per week.
Wondering what BUILD tutors think of the work they do? Read our Tutor Comments.