Orienting the Student
We recommend that you set aside time to orient newly-hired students. Use this opportunity to reinforce relevant topics discussed at the interview as well as discussing:
- Variations in work schedules for holidays, break periods, and examination periods.
- Safety and health practices.
- The student’s responsibility for agency facilities and equipment.
- Performance standards.
- Dress code and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Confirmation of pay rate.
- Supervisory personnel.
When discussing supervision, it is important to provide answers to the following questions:
- Who is the student’s supervisor?
- Who is the alternate supervisor?
- To whom should the student direct problems or questions?
- Whom should the student contact in case of absence or change in work schedule?