Congratulations! We are excited to welcome you to Boston University and the School of Education. You are now embarking on the path to become an educator as a member of our community.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect at SED:
• You can teach anywhere. Beginning your first semester, you’ll gain classroom experience in the greater Boston area. Throughout the undergraduate program, you’ll have both urban and suburban classroom experiences, and you can teach in classrooms abroad through our programs in London, Quito, and Sydney.
• You can earn two degrees. Students can pursue BU’s Dual Degree program to earn a second bachelor’s degree in areas that complement their SED degree, such as art education (CFA) or psychology (CAS).
• You’ll learn from the best. Our faculty are dedicated to preparing outstanding professional educators, producing research that improves the practice of education, and providing excellent professional support.
• You’ll gain experience in Boston. BU has a unique, 30-year collaboration with the Boston Public Schools and city of Boston, offering you a chance to improve the community through teaching, tutoring, and programs such as COACH, Step UP, Upward Bound, and BUILD.
• You can gain exceptional training. Our School of Education is home to an Early Childhood Learning Laboratory, which provides you with the opportunity to study and observe an actual early childhood classroom.
• You’ll learn from our history. Located in the birthplace of public education in the U.S., SED publishes the oldest continuously published educational journal in the United States, the Journal of Education, founded in 1875.
Again, congratulations on your admission to Boston University and welcome to SED! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Student Services.
Director of Student Services
2 Silber Way
Phone (617) 353-3177
Fax (617) 353-6156
|Follow SED on Twitter for live updates about SED.|
|Like SED on Facebook to learn about events, news, and opportunities.|
|Build your professional network with current SED students and alumni on LinkedIn.|