The Office of Research maintains a list of internal funding opportunities and has electronic database resources on grant funding, listed below. For assistance in locating sources to fund research projects, please contact the Office of Research Staff.
Boston University subscribes to several commercial databases, such as the Community of Science (COS) and Grant Forward (formally IRIS). In addition, serveal government agencies provide searchable databases. A comprehensive list of databases is below.
- PIVOT Community of Science: provides access to a comprehensive source of global funding opportunities across all fields.
- Grant Forward: provides a wide inventory of foundation, federal and other funding sources.
- ResearchResearch LTD.: A complete funding opportunities database for researchers across disciplines.
- Foundation Directory Online: A subscription-based, searchable list of private foundations that provide research funding.
Federal Agency Sponsored Research Databases
- Grants.gov: a central source for individuals to find and apply for funding from federal government sources.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- US Department of Education
- Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)