Career Week: February 3-7, 2014
The School of Education is pleased to present Career Week, designed to assist upcoming SED graduates in their transition to full time employment. Open and free to both undergraduate students and Master’s candidates, the information will be tailored to educators about to enter the job market.
We encourage you to attend as many Career Week events as you are able; however, you may REGISTER for individual events.
6 Events Designed to Get You Job Search Ready!
- Monday, February 3, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Voices from the Field: Learn valuable insight into the interview process and getting hired. The evening will include a welcome by Dean Coleman, a presentation on preparing for the job search by Professor Bryson, followed by a Q&A session with a panel of recent graduates, eager to share their job search experiences and lessons learned. SED room 130
- Tuesday, February 4, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. LinkedIn Workshop: Learn how to put your best foot forward online in this workshop, which centers around your digital brand. Attendees must have an existing LinkedIn account for this hands-on workshop with Jesse Ohrenberger from Career Services. This session will be limited to the first 25 RSVPs. Pickering Library, SED eClassroom, Room B26
- Resume Reviews is closed for registration, but that students can visit the CCD Resume & Cover Letter Review Hours (http://www.bu.edu/careers/
services-workshops/resume- cover-letter-reviews/). Resume Reviews: Meet one-on-one with a Career Services professional in this special resume review session for SED students only. Attendees must bring a paper copy of their existing resume for the review. 5th Floor Reception, Career Services, 100 Bay State Road
- Thursday, February 6, 7:00 – 9:15 p.m. Interview Intervention: Hone your interview skills with principals and HR professionals from public and charter schools eager to share “real life” tips on interviewing for positions in education. After meeting in small groups for mock interview sessions, we’ll segue into a panel discussion exploring what we’ve learned and answer any additional questions about the interview process. The evening will conclude with a networking reception. SED Professor Don Beaudette, former superintendent of the Norwell Public Schools, will be our moderator for the evening. Students must bring copies of their resumes and must dress appropriately for an interview. SED Lobby.
- Friday, February 7, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Recruiter Fair: Come meet with 25+ districts, as well as private and charter schools. Be sure to bring your resume and dress “interview” ready. School and districts attending will be listed and available online one week before the Fair. Be sure to research the schools and potential openings. Center for Career Development (CCD), 100 Bay State Road, 6th floor
- Tuesday, February 25*, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Find Your Passion: Explore the career values, interests, and needs that make you excited by and fulfilled in your work. Through a series of activities and self-reflective discussions Interim Associate Dean Kimberly Howard and Associate Dean Scott Solberg will help you explore your career passion. SED Room 423 (*Rescheduled)