Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
Please Note: There is a moratorium on applications to the EdD in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies for the Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 semesters. The program will not be admitting new students during this time period.
Doctoral students in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies participate in a demanding program of coursework and research. You work individually with a member of the faculty on a research project and take several advanced seminars focusing on policy analysis as well as a number of elective courses reflecting your special interests. You are expected, with this intensive support, to write a dissertation of publishable quality that represents a significant contribution to policy and practice in education or training.
Each year, Boston University admits exceptional students whose field of specialization is in:
- School Administration
- Educational Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Community Education Leadership
Program Fast Facts
- Program Requirements: To view a listing of program requirements and coursework information, please visit the Boston University Bulletin for the EdD in Educational Leadership and Development.
- Program Duration: Three to four academic years (average). Duration for part-time students vary.
- Start Term: You may begin this program during the fall or spring semesters.
- Licensure: This program does not lead to licensure.
- Prerequisites: This program requires a Masters degree or an international equivalent.
- Related Programs: 16-Credit Certificate in Program Planning, Management, Monitoring, & Evaluation
- Faculty Contact Information: Professor Charles Glenn, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-353-7108
- Graduate Admissions Contact Information: email@example.com, 617-353-4237