Our Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) program is designed for self-directed, continuous learners who have earned master’s degrees and desire to deepen their knowledge and skills in pursuit of a leadership role in science education. In addition to four core courses, students in the CAGS program can choose up to sixteen elective credits from courses throughout Boston University to craft a program that meets their unique leadership goals.
The science program at the School of Education works toward promoting a responsible, closely-knit learning community determined to make a difference in the lives of children and teenagers. We are particularly concerned with the need to prepare leaders in science education that will support the foundations of sound scientific literacy and scientific ways of thinking through scholarly leadership in pedagogy and policy.
Program Fast Facts
- Program Requirements: To view a listing of program requirements and coursework information, please visit the Boston University Bulletin for the CAGS in Science Education.
- Program Duration: One academic year. Duration for part-time students vary.
- Start Term: Student may begin the program during summer, fall or spring semesters.
- Prerequisites: This program requires a master’s degree or an international equivalent.
- Faculty Contact Information: Professor Donald DeRosa, email@example.com, 617-353-4052
- Graduate Admissions Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-353-4237
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure Information