Policy, Planning & Administration
The CAGS is designed for the self-directed, continuous learner who has earned a master’s degree and desires to develop knowledge of policy, planning, and administration. The CAGS program is ideal for working professionals. Working closely with faculty advisors, CAGS students craft programs of study to realize their individualized educational objectives. You may elect to pursue a licensure track which may require additional credits of coursework and a practicum experience.
As a CAGS student, you are required to pass a comprehensive examination in order to receive a certificate.
Students who wish to complete a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study work in collaboration with their academic advisor to develop an individualized program of study. In order to complete the program, you must file a formal application for a departmental comprehensive examination with the department chairman and faculty advisor. The examination must be completed successfully.
Program Fast Facts
- Minimum Credit Requirement: 30 credits.
- Program Duration: One academic year. Duration for part-time students vary.
- Start Term: You may begin this program during the summer, fall, or spring semester.
- Licensure: This program does not lead to licensure.
- Prerequisites: This program requires a Masters degree or an international equivalent.
- Faculty Contact Information: Professor Kathleen Vaughan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-353-4665
- Graduate Admissions Contact Information: email@example.com, 617-353-4237
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure Information