Social Studies Education
Our CAGS program is designed for self-directed, continuous learners who have earned master’s degrees and desire to increase their knowledge of history, social science, and education.
Our program reaches beyond the traditional mission of developing classroom history and social studies teachers to serve the many diverse professional goals of our students. Students in the CAGS program prepare for leadership and curriculum development positions in history and social science education.
You may earn a professional license for classroom teaching with the appropriate preliminary experience while holding initial licensure. The professional license also requires a supervised practicum at the professional licensure level.
Program Fast Facts
- Minimum Credit Requirement: 32 credits, view program requirements and coursework information.
- Program Duration: One academic year. Duration for part-time students vary.
- Start Term: You may begin the program during the fall or spring semester.
- Licensure: Upon completion of the program and Massachusetts testing requirements, you may be licensed at the professional level to teach History grades 5–8 or 8–12.
- Prerequisites: This program requires a Masters degree or an international equivalent.
- Faculty Contact Information: Professor Christine Baron, email@example.com, 617-353-3314
- Graduate Admissions Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-353-4237
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure Information