Educational Media & Technology
Please Note: This program is on a moratorium for the spring 2013 semester and 2013-14 academic year. We are not accepting new students into the program at this time.
The program in Educational Media & Technology prepares graduates for a variety of professional careers through a carefully blended curriculum of core courses, electives, and field experiences.
Graduates go on to professional careers as teachers, professors, and researchers; instructional designers in higher education, publishing, health related fields, and business; independent designers and developers of educational software; pre-K–12 technology directors and instructional technologists; and managers of the human and technology-based resources necessary to support education and training with technology.
Boston University, the rich resources of the Boston area, and our extensive alumni network allow us to offer many attractive opportunities for students to gain experience through practica, internships, and independent study.
The CAGS program is designed for students who have already earned a master’s degree and who wish to pursue coursework in educational media and technology. You may enroll in this program without previous coursework in the area. The program is comprehensive and allows for specialization. Students take coursework in educational media and technology, research, curriculum and teaching, and specialization courses. Coursework is selected in conjunction with your advisor. Previous coursework in the field may substitute for required courses and create more options for electives.
SED is pleased to announce the Educational Media and Technology program offers the following four courses in an online format.
- EM 590 Software for Curriculum
- EM 610 Internet & WWW for Educators
- EM 680 Distance Education Research and Design
- EM 601 Instructional Design
Program Fast Facts
- Program Requirements: To view a listing of program requirements and coursework information, please visit the Boston University Bulletin for the CAGS in Educational Media and Technology.
- Program Duration: Two academic years. Duration for part-time study varies.
- Start Term: For the best course sequence and availability you are encouraged to begin in the fall. However, you may begin the program in the summer or spring semester.
- Prerequisites: This program requires a masters degree or an international equivalent.
- Related Programs: 16-Credit Certificate in Instructional Technology
- Faculty Contact Information: Professor David Whittier, email@example.com, http://people.bu.edu/whittier/, 617-353-3181
- Graduate Admissions Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-353-4237
- Gainful Employment Program Disclosure Information