- Ed. D. Mathematics Education, Boston University
- Ed. M. Mathematics Education, Boston University
- B. A. Mathematics and Economics, Cornell University
Dr. Ziv Feldman is a clinical assistant professor of mathematics education at the School of Education at Boston University. His broad interest is in working with pre-service teachers to develop their mathematical knowledge for teaching. Thus far, he has taught undergraduate and graduate-level courses in mathematics content and methods for pre-service elementary and special education students. Dr. Feldman’s current research focuses on describing the ways in which pre-service elementary teachers’ understanding of number theory topics develops, with the ultimate goal of constructing a map of the number theory conceptual field. He is also a research associate for the Elementary Pre-Service Teachers Mathematics Project (EMP), an NSF-funded project aimed at developing and implementing problem-based mathematical tasks in pre-service elementary mathematics content courses. Prior to his doctoral studies at Boston University, Dr. Feldman taught middle school and high school mathematics for five years.
- CAS MA 107 – Mathematical Reasoning in the Elementary Grades: Number Systems
- CAS MA 108 – Mathematical Reasoning in the Elementary Grades: Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics
- SED ME 503 – Mathematical Reasoning in the Elementary Grades: Number Systems
- Cheng, D., Feldman, Z., & Chapin, S. (2011). Maintaining cognitive demands of tasks through small group discussions in pre-service elementary mathematics classrooms. Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education, Reno, NV.
- Feldman, Z., Vought, B., Byrnes, R., Cost, D., & Eggers, D. (October, 2011). How Do We Motivate Students in Math and Science? Linking Math and Science to Engage Students, STEM Summit 2011, Newton, MA.
- Chedister, M., Bunn, J., Chapin, S., Cheng, D., Feldman, Z., & Salinas, A. (April, 2011). The Use of Discourse in Developing Prospective Teachers’ Mathematical Justifications, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Research Presession, Indianapolis, IN.
- Feldman, Z., & Chedister, M. (April, 2011). Folding and Unfolding: Making Sense of Surface Area. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, IN.
- Feldman, Z., Bunn, J., Chapin, S., Chedister, M., Salinas, A., Cheng, D., & Ng, D. (January, 2011). Using Mathematical Tasks and Discourse-Based Instruction to Promote Pre-Service Elementary Teacher Knowledge. Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators Annual Meeting, Irvine, CA.
- Chapin, S., Feldman, Z., Chedister, M., Cheng, D., Ball, D., Bass, H., Lai, Y., Sherman, D., Sleep, L., Suzuka, K., & Thames, M. (January, 2011). Designing Materials to Support the Learning of K-6 Mathematics Teacher Educators. Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators, Irvine, CA.