- Ph.D. Boston College
- Ed.M. Northeastern University
- B.A. Northeastern University
Dr. Jenkins has worked in the field of literacy as a classroom teacher, reading specialist, and teacher educator. She teaches courses in literacy and coordinates the elementary education program. In addition to presenting at local and national conferences, she conducting literacy workshops for teachers, parents, and administrators, she also works side-by-side with teachers in classrooms, tapping their expertise and supporting their efforts.
- SED CH300 Methods of Instruction: Elementary
- SED CH515 Curriculum Methods: 1-6
- Jenkins, C. B. & Earle, A. (2006). Once upon a fact: Helping children write nonfiction. New York: Teachers College Press
- Jenkins, C. B., & White, D. (Eds.) (in press). Life-literature connections: Nonfiction author studies in the elementary classroom. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann
- Jenkins, C. B. (in press). “Did I tell you that you are the BEST writer in the world?”: Author studies in the elementary classroom. Journal of Children’s Literature
- Jenkins, C. B. (1999). The allure of authors: Author studies in the elementary classroom. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- Jenkins, C. B. (1996). Inside the writing portfolio: What we need to know to assess children’s writing. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.
- “Children’s Writing Development”
- “Writing Workshop in Grades K and One”
- “Author Study: Avi, Newbery Winner”
- “Reading To Write Nonfiction”
- “Author Studies in the Elementary Classroom”
- “Intertextuality in children’s nonfiction writing.” (1998).
- “Professional Development Center” (Co-PI, Maria Brisk) (1999).
Selected Professional Memberships
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development Council for Exceptional Children International Reading Association International Reading Association
- National Council for the Teachers of English
- International Reading Association
- Massachusetts Association of College and University Reading Educators (President, 1986-1987)
- Greater Boston Council of International Reading Association (President, 1995-1996)
Selected Awards/Honors/Special Recognition
- Excellence in Education Award
- Celebrate Literacy Award