- Ed.S., Change Leadership in Education. Gallaudet University, Washington, DC. May 2006.
- M.S., Deaf Education. McDaniel College, Westminster, MD. August 1997.
- B.A., Secondary Social Science. Rhode Island College, Providence, RI. May 1995.
State of Rhode Island Department of Education School Certificate:
- Professional Teacher of Secondary Social Studies/History
- Professional Teacher of Hearing Disordered (Grade PK-12)
- Professional Special Education Administrator (Grades PK-12)
Mr. Bruce Bucci has worked in the field of Deaf Education for 15 years as a teacher, team leader, workshop presenter (Deaf Education, Leadership and Organizational Change), ASL storyteller, and Instructor (McDaniel College, Holy Cross College, Rhode Island College and Boston University). He has a BA from Rhode Island College, a MEd from McDaniel College and an EdS from Gallaudet University. He currently teaches Deaf Literature, ASL Literature, Deaf Culture and History, and American Sign Language (ASL) as a second language. Mr. Bucci’s research includes the impact of a teacher’s ASL fluency skills in content area on Deaf students’ learning achievements in each content area. Currently, he serves as Coordinator of Deaf Studies programs and Co-Advisor for the Deaf Studies Club.
- DE 500 Introduction to the Deaf World
- DE 570 American Sign Language I
- DE 571 American Sign Language II
- DE574 Practicum: Initial Strategies Graduate Program in Education of the Deaf
- DE 590 American Sign Language III
- DE 591 American Sign Language IV
- DE 693 American Sign Language VI
- Northeastern University ASL festival: March 2012 Master of Ceremony
- Northeastern University ASL interpreter program: March 2012 “Develop ASL video assessments for Interpreters”
- Horace Mann School for the Deaf: June 2011 “Reach Your Goals and Do Your Best”
- Maryland School for the Deaf: May 2007“ Self Respect”
- Rhode Island Association of the Deaf: October 2006 “Quality life as a Deaf person in RI”
- Rhode Island Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing: October 1997 “Tri-Vision”
- Catonsville Community College: February 1996“ Interpreter Program”
- RI Exeter High School: 1998 “Empowered as Successful Athletes and Leader in your community”
- Gallaudet University: 1988 Fall Homecoming and First Deaf President of Gallaudet inauguration Ballroom “Master of Ceremony”
American Sign Language Performances
- Rhode Island Association of the Deaf: October 2002, 2004, 2006 “ASL Show”
- Rhode Island School for the Deaf: October 2004 “ASL Show”
- Alumni Rhode Island School for the Deaf: September 2000 “Comedy Show”
- Providence Deaf Club: February 2000 “Comedy Show”
- Gallaudet University Summer Basketball Camp: 2001,2002 “Deaf Twin Brother Basketball Star”
- National Catholic Office for the Deaf held their Pastoral Week Conference in Boston: 2012 “ASL storytelling, comedy and poetry”
- Boston University Deaf Deaf World event: 2010,2011 and 2012 “ASL storytelling, comedy and poetry”
Awards and Recognition
- Worker of the Year, Student Body Government, Gallaudet University. 1989.
- Outstanding Leadership Award, Delta Sigma Phi, Gallaudet University. 1989.
- Dean’s List
- Outstanding Leadership Award, Deaf Education Graduate Program, Western Maryland College. 1996.
- Distinguished Contribution as Commissioner, Governor Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. 1999.
- RI Legislator Award, Governor Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. 2007.
- Outstanding Leadership Award, Hamilton Relay Services. 2007.
- BU 2011 Class Gift Campaign Honoree
- BU 2011 Honored Special Faculty by the Department of Athletics
Professional and Community Affiliation
- Rhode Island Association of the Deaf
- National Association of the Deaf
- American Society for Deaf Children
- Gallaudet Leadership Institute
- Council on Education of the Deaf
- Rhode Island School for the Deaf Alumni Association
- Model Secondary School for the Deaf Alumni Association
- Gallaudet University Alumni Association
- Massachusetts Association of the Deaf
- New England Athletic Association of the Deaf
- The Learning Center Parents Association (President)
- Massachusetts Commission on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Hoy committee member
- Association of College Educators-Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- American Sign Language Teachers Association