- Masters in Sign Language Teaching, Gallaudet University
- Bachelor Arts in American Sign Language, Gallaudet University
- Bachelor Arts in Deaf Studies, Gallaudet University
Andrew R. Bottoms was born and raised in a Deaf family from North Carolina. American Sign Language (ASL) is his native language. Bottoms graduated from Gallaudet University with two bachelor degrees, one in American Sign Language (ASL) and the other in Deaf Studies. When the Masters in Sign Language Teaching program was unveiled at Gallaudet University, he took the amazing opportunity to further his career in the study of ASL. Bottoms is driven by his passion and fervor toward teaching ASL and his values in the sharing of the language and culture embodied by ASL. His specialization lies in the sphere of ASL Literature.
- Bottoms, A. R. (2012). La Terre des Perroquets. Deaf Studies Digital Journal, Issue 3.
- Bottoms, A. R. (2012). Deflowered. Deaf Studies Digital Journal, Issue 3.
- Bottoms, A. R. (2011). Proximalization & Nonmanuals in M2L2 Sign. ASLized. Fall 2011