The School of Education’s faculty is committed to preparing highly effective educators who have excellent clinical training. They also have powerful commitment to research and scholarship within their respective fields of expertise. Below is a sampling of our faculty’s publications organized by area of research. Additional publications can be found on individual faculty profile pages.
Amy Baltzell, Coordinator of the Sport Psychology Specialization, Clinical Assistant Professor
- Baltzell, A. (in press). Living in the Sweet Spot: Preparing for Performance in Sport and Life. FIT Publishers, Morgantown, WV.
- Baltzell, A. Schinke, Robert J. & Watson, Jack (summer 2010). Who is my Client? Association of Applied Sport Psychology Summer 2010 Newsletter.
Hardin L.K. Coleman, Professor of Counseling Psychology, Dean, Boston University School of Education
- Casey-Cannon, Shannon L. , Coleman, Hardin L. K. , Knudtson, Laura F. and Velazquez, Carmen C. (2011) ‘Three Ethnic and Racial Identity Measures: Concurrent and Divergent Validity for Diverse Adolescents’,
Identity, 11: 1, 64 — 91
Thomas Cottle, Professor
- Held Hostage by Our Students, as Told by One of the Students. SCHOOLS JOURNAL, Fall, 2010, Volume 7, No. 2, 170-183.
- Our Thoughts and Our Prayers. Antioch Review, volume 68, No. 2, Spring, 2010, pages 232-238.
- Seeking Lodging and the Best Lights: The Challenge of Teaching. SCHOOLS, volume 5, number 1/2, 2008, pages 25-34.
Michael Aeschliman, Professor
Scott Seider, Assistant Professor
- Seider, S., Rabinowicz, S.,* & Gillmor, S.* (in press).The impact of philosophy and theology service-learning experiences on the public service motivation of participating college students. Journal of Higher Education.
- Seider, S. (2010). Developing the ethical minds of gifted adolescents. Gifted Education International, 27(2) 132-148.
- Seider, S. (2009). Social justice in the suburbs: Challenges to engaging privileged youth in social action. Educational Leadership, 66(8), 54-58.
- Seider, S., & Huguley, J. (2009). Aspiring teachers, urban youth, and conflicting perspectives on the social contract. Equity & Excellence in Education, 42(3) 294-312.
- Seider, S. (2009). The trouble with teaching ethics on trolley cars or train tracks. Journal of Moral Education, 38(2), 219-236.
- Seider, S. (2007). Catalyzing a commitment to community service in emerging adults. Journal of Adolescent Research. 22(6), 612-639.
Marnie Reed, Associate Professor
- Reed, M., Michaud, C. (Forthcoming, 2011). An Integrated Approach to Pronunciation: Listening Comprehension and Intelligibility in Theory and Practice. In J. Levis & K. LaVelle (Eds.), Proceedings of the Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching conference, September 2010, Ames: IA: Iowa State University.
- Reed M. , Michaud, C. (2010). Goal-Driven Lesson Planning for Teaching English as a Second Language. Ann Arbor, Michigan : The University of Michigan Press.
Bruce Fraser, Professor
- The path to leadership among community health center medical directors: implications for medical training (with J. Markuns & J. Orlander). Journal of Family Medicine, 2010.
- The Sequencing of Contrastive Discourse Marker in English. In the Baltic Journal of the English Language, Literature and Culture, Riga, Latvia. 2010.
- Pragmatic Competence: The Case of Hedging. In New Approaches to Hedging. Edited by G. Kaltenboeck et al. Emerald Publishing. 2010
- The Discourse Marker on the contrary. In Jacob Mey, A Festschrift, edited by B. Fraser & K Turner. Emerald Press. 2009.
- Hedging in Political Discourse: The 2007 Bush Press Conference. In Papers from the 2nd International Conference on Political Discourse, Warsaw, Poland, edited by Piotr Cap, 2009
Catherine O’Connor, Chair Educational Foundations, Leadership, and Counseling
Roselmina Indrisano, Professor
- R. Indrisano and J.R.Paratore (Eds.) (2005). Learning to Write, Writing to Learn. Newark, DE : International Reading Association.
- Indrisano, Roselmina. Literature and Literacy Bibliography. Boston University School of Education, 2008.
Melanie Kuhn, Associate Professor
- Kuhn, Melanie R., Paula J. Schwanenflugel, and Elizabeth B. Meisinger. “Aligning Theory and Assessment.” Reading Research Quarterly 45 (2010): 230-51.
- Kuhn, M.R. (2004/2005). Helping students become accurate, expressive readers: Fluency instruction for small groups. The Reading Teacher, 58, 338-344.
Jeanne Paratore, Professor
- Paratore, Jeanne R., and Susan Dougherty. “Home Differences and Reading Difficulty.” Handbook of Reading Disability Research. New York: Routledge, 2011. 93-109.
- Paratore, J., R., Krol-Sinclair, B., Paez, M., & Paratore-Bock, K. (2010). Best practices for supporting learning in families for whom English is an additional language. In G. Li & P. Edwards (Eds.), Best practices in ELL instruction (pp. 299-327). NY: Guilford Publications.
- Indrisano, R., & Paratore, J. R. (Eds.). (2005). Learning to write, Writing to Learn: Theory and research in practice. Newark, DE: International Reading Association.
- Concha, Soledad, and Jeanne R. Paratore. “Local Coherence in Persuasive Writing: An Exploration of Chilean Students’ Metalinguistic Knowledge, Writing Process, and Writing Products.” Written Communication (2010): 34-69. Web
Douglas Zook, Associate Professor
Jennifer Greif Green, Assistant Professor
- Green, Jennifer Greif , Dunn, Erin C. , Johnson, Renee M. and Molnar, Beth E.(2011) ‘A Multilevel Investigation of the Association Between School Context and Adolescent Nonphysical Bullying’, Journal of School Violence, 10: 2, 133 — 149
- Johnson, Renee M. , Kidd, Jeremy D. , Dunn, Erin C. , Green, Jennifer Greif , Corliss, Heather L. and Bowen, Deborah(2011) ‘Associations Between Caregiver Support, Bullying, and Depressive Symptomatology Among Sexual Minority and Heterosexual Girls: Results From the 2008 Boston Youth Survey’, Journal of School Violence, 10: 2, 185 — 200