Dr. Sara Lazar Guest-Lectures at Boston University School of Education
On June 18th at 4:00 pm Dr. Sara Lazar will be providing a guest lecture at Boston University School of Education. Dr. Lazar will lecture on Neuroplasticity and Mindfulness Meditation. The lecture will be part of the course SED CE643: Mindfulness & Performance.
Dr. Sara Lazar is an instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School, as well as a scientist at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s Mind/Body Medical Institute and an Assistant in Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Lazar’s Recent Publications
- Gard T, Taquet M, Dixit R, Hölzel BK, de Montjoye YA, Brach N, Salat DH, Dickerson BC, Gray JR, Lazar SW. Fluid intelligence and brain functional organization in aging yoga and meditation practitioners. Front Aging Neurosci. 2014; 6:76. View in: PubMed
- Singleton O, Hölzel BK, Vangel M, Brach N, Carmody J, Lazar SW. Change in Brainstem Gray Matter Concentration Following a Mindfulness-Based Intervention is Correlated with Improvement in Psychological Well-Being. Front Hum Neurosci. 2014; 8:33. View in: PubMed
- Gard T, Hölzel BK, Lazar SW. The potential effects of meditation on age-related cognitive decline: a systematic review. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2014 Jan; 1307(1):89-103. View in: PubMed
- Hoge EA, Hölzel BK, Marques L, Metcalf CA, Brach N, Lazar SW, Simon NM. Mindfulness and self-compassion in generalized anxiety disorder: examining predictors of disability. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 2013:576258. View in: PubMed
- Hölzel BK, Hoge EA, Greve DN, Gard T, Creswell JD, Brown KW, Barrett LF, Schwartz C, Vaitl D, Lazar SW. Neural mechanisms of symptom improvements in generalized anxiety disorder following mindfulness training. Neuroimage Clin. 2013; 2:448-58. View in: PubMed