The mission of the Sexual Assault Response & Prevention Center (SARP) is to provide confidential care, support, and advocacy for victims of sexual assault, while simultaneously promoting awareness and prevention programs on campus. To accomplish this, SARP will:
- Ensure that members of the BU community have direct, round-the-clock, and confidential access to professionals trained to help victims of sexual assault and trauma.
- Provide responsive and immediate care to those individuals.
- Advocate on their behalf to medical care providers as well as those individuals and offices inside and outside the University responsible for investigating assaults and ensuring safety.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students office and other resources, both on- and off-campus, to lead assault-prevention training programs for students, faculty, and staff, and to foster campus-wide efforts to reduce sexual and relationship abuse.
- Serve as a resource and advisor to family and friends of victims of sexual assault.
- Provide assistance to survivors of other violent crimes and traumatic incidents.