1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
12 oz beef, top sirloin
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1½ cups onion, chopped
2 Tbsp orange marmalade
2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 cups broccoli florets
1 Tbsp vinegar
4 cups cooked brown rice (1⅓ cups dry)
1½ tsp chili garlic sauce
4 tsp canola oil
1. Combine ¼ cup chicken stock with cornstarch, soy sauce, marmalade, oyster sauce, vinegar, and chili garlic sauce in small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil in wok or non-stick skillet over high heat. Add half of beef. Stir fry until browned, about 2 minutes. Repeat for remaining beef. Transfer to plate.
3. Add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet. Stir fry minced garlic until fragrant. Add onion, bell pepper and broccoli. Stir fry approximately 30 seconds.
4. Add remaining ¼ cup chicken stock. Cover. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender, about 2-4 minutes.
5. Add sauce mixture from step #1.
6. Return beef to skillet. Toss to coat. Serve immediately over brown rice.
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
1 cup brown rice
1 cup vegetables
3 oz beef
Vegetarian alternative: Substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock and tofu for beef.