Tyler K. Perrachione, PhD
Tyler Perrachione, PhD
- Assistant Professor
Peter Paul Career Development Professor
Director, Communication Neuroscience Research Laboratory
- Ph.D., Neuroscience, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
M.A., Linguistics, Northwestern University
B.A., Linguistics and Cognitive Science, Northwestern University
- Website or Lab
- Communication Neuroscience Research Laboratory
- Download CV
- SAR SH 521 Phonetics
- SAR HP 151 Introduction to Health and Rehabilitation Professions
- SAR SH 755 Applied Speech Science
- Developmental disorders of language and reading (specific language impairment, dyslexia)
- Human voice recognition and social auditory perception
- Mechanisms of plasticity in human auditory cortex
- Brain bases of complex auditory processing(including speech and voice perception)
- Osher, D.E., Saygin, Z.M., Perrachione, T.K., & Gabrieli, J.D.E. (2012) “The functional connectomics underlying dyslexic adaptation deficits.” 42nd Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, (New Orleans, October 2012).
- Norton, E.S., Beach, S.D., Cyr, A.B., Ozernov-Palchik, O., Garel, K.A., Perrachione, T.K., Wolf, M., Gabrieli, J.D.E., & Gaab, N. (2012) “Brain differences in kindergarten children with and without behavioral risk for dyslexia: Toward finding fMRI and EEG predictors of reading difficulties.” 19th Annual Meeting of the Society for the Scientific Study of Reading, (Montreal, July 2012).
- Perrachione, T.K., Del Tufo, S.N., Gabrieli, J.D.E. (2011) “Dysfunction of rapid cortical plasticity in dyslexia.” 41st Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, (Washington DC, November 2011).
For a full list of presentations, click here.
- Perrachione, T.K., Fedorenko, E.G., Vinke, L., Gibson, E., Dilley, L.C. (in press, 2013) “Evidence for shared cognitive processing of pitch in language and music.” PloS One.
- Perrachione, T.K. & Ghosh, S.S. (2013) “Optimized design and analysis of sparse-sampling fMRI experiments.”Frontiers in Neuroscience, 7, 55.
- Perrachione, T.K., Del Tufo, S.N., Gabrieli, J.D.E. (2011) “Human voice recognition depends on language ability.” Science, 333, 595.
- Perrachione, T.K., Lee, J., Ha, L.Y.Y., & Wong, P.C.M. (2011) “Learning novel phonological contrasts: Individual differences and instructional paradigms interact to determine success.” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 130, 461-472.
For a full publication list, click here.
Academic and Professional Honors
- 2013 Peter Paul Career Development Professorship
- 2012 Walle Nauta Award for Continuing Dedication to Teaching, MIT Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- 2011 Walle Nauta Award for Continuing Dedication to Teaching, MIT Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- 2010 Angus McDonald Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, MIT Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- 2008-2011 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship