R. Mark Laursen, MS, ATC
R. Mark Laursen, MS, ATC
- AT 560 Practicum in Clinical Medicine
- AT 359 Clinical Medicine
- HP 515 Practicum in Education
- HP 791 Clinical Experience I
- AT 205 Athletic Training Practicum I
- AT 504 Clinical Athletic Training III
- AT 505 Clinical Athletic Training IV
- HP 531Clinical Medicine I (Therapeutic Modalities)
- AT 355 Prevention of Injuries and Illnesses
- HP 532 Clinical Medicine II (General Medical)
- Co-Taught AT 356 Evaluation and Management of Orthopedic Injuries
Scholarly and Practice Interests
Clinical education and medical conditions
- Shift of College Sports Medicine Services Under the Umbrella of Student Health, Philadelphia, PA, June 2010
- Integrating Evidence Based Practice into Your Setting, San Antonia, TX, June 2009
- Developing a Behavioral Health Plan for College Athletes, Las Vegas, NV, May 2009
- Non-union avulsion fracture of the base of the 5th metatarsal, in a Division I collegiate soccer player, Atlanta, GA, February, 2009
- Dodge, T., Walker, S., Laursen R.M., Promoting Coherence in Athletic Training Education Programs. Athletic Training Education Journal.4(2):46-51, 2009.
- Shaya E., Simich A., Laursen R.M., Lateral Knee Pain in a Collegiate Soccer Goalkeeper Journal of Athletic Training. 44(3):S82, 2009.
- Torres-McGehee TM, Mady AN, Laursen RM. Perceptions of Body Image and Prevalence of Eating Disorder Risk in NCAA Division I Varsity Equestrian Athletes. Journal of Athletic Training. 2008; 43(3):S98.
- Buselli ML, Dodge TM, Laursen RM. Persistent Neck Pain in a Collegiate Wrestler. Journal of Athletic Training. 2008; 43(3):S117.
- Goins JM, Torres-McGehee TM, Laursen RM. Bilateral Femur Shaft Stress Fractures in a High School Football Player: A Case Study. Journal of Athletic Training. 2008; 43(3):S131.
- Merson DP, Laursen RM, Sharpe SR. Core Strengthening and Flexibility Training in a Rower Diagnosed with a Chronic Inflammatory Disorder: A Case Report Athletic. Therapy Today. 2008; 13(3) 24-26.
- Commissioner, Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) (August 2009-August 2012)
- Member, Review Committee of the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) (July 2007-March 2010)
- Reviewer, Athletic Therapy Today (2006-present)
- Member, Site Visit Committee of the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) (May 2006-April 2008)
- Evaluation Team Member or Team Chair, NATA’s Professional Education Committee, CAAHEP and CAATE (1989-present)
- College Athletic Trainers’ Society (CATS) Quality of Life Award (2016)
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer (2016)
- Athletic Trainer of the Year, Massachusetts (2014)
Licenses and Certifications
- MA Licensed Athletic Trainer
- BOC certification