Michele A. DeBiasse, MS, RDN
Michele A. DeBiasse, MS, RDN
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Programs in Nutrition
- 635 Commonwealth Ave
- BA cum laude (psychology), University of Denver, Denver CO
BS (human nutrition), University of Massachusetts/Amherst, Amherst, MA
MS (clinical nutrition), Rush University, Chicago, IL
- HS 310/510 Management of Foodservice Systems
- HS 420/520 Applications of Foodservice Management
- HS 384/584 Medical Nutrition Therapy I
- HS 704 Issues in Clinical Nutrition Practice
Scholarly and Practice Interests
Health behavior change, especially related to obesity; Food service management, especially human resource management and organizational psychology; Clinical nutrition, especially critical care and nutrition support.
Appelhans BM, Waring ME, Schneider KL, Pagoto SL, DeBiasse MA, Whited MC, Lynch EB:Delay discounting and intake of ready-to-eat and away-from-home foods in overweight and obese women. Appetite; 2012.
DeBiasse MA. Wound care: pressure ulcers. In: Skipper A, ed. American Dietetic Association’s Nutrition Care Manual. Chicago, IL: American Dietetic Association; 2009. http://www.adancm.org
DeBiasse-Fortin MA. Minerals and trace elements. In Contemporary Issues in Nutrition Support Practice: A clinical Guide, 2nd edition. Martarese L, Gottschlich MM, eds. Elsevier Science/WB Saunders, St. Louis, MO, 2003
Bae R, Orgill D, DeBiasse MA, Demling RH. Management of a patient with advanced AIDS and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis using human growth hormone and G-CSF. AIDS Patient Care & STDs 1997;11(3):125-129
Gamliel Z, DeBiasse MA, Demling RH. Essential microminerals and their response to burn injury. Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation 1996;17(3):264-272
Demling RH, DeBiasse MA. Micronutrients in critical illness. Critical Care Clinics of North America 1995;11:651-673
DeBiasse MA, Wilmore DW. What is optimal nutrition support? New Horizons: the Science and Practice of Acute Medicine 1994;2:122-30
Appelhans BM, Woolf K, DeBiasse MA, Whited MC, Pagoto SL, Schneider KL: Delay Discounting, Food Convenience, and Energy Intake Among Overweight and Obese Women. (Poster) Society of Behavioral Medicine 33rd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, New Orleans, LA, April 11-14, 2012.
Whited MC, Waring ME, Appelhans BM, Schneider KL, DeBiasse MA, Busch AM, Oleski J, Merriam P, Ma Y, Olendzki B, Crawford S, Lemon S, Pagoto SL: Pre-treatment Weight Change and Weight-Loss Treatment Outcome in Obese Women with Depression. (Poster) Society of Behavioral Medicine 33rd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, New Orleans, LA, April 11-14, 2012.
Whited MC, Schneider KL, Appelhans BM, Ma Y, Waring, ME, DeBiasse MA, Busch AM, Oleski J, Merriam P, Olendzki B, Crawford S, Ockene I, Pagoto SL: Under-reporting of Caloric Intake Among Obese Women with Depression. (Poster) Society of Behavioral Medicine 33rd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, New Orleans, LA, April 11-14, 2012.
Bush AM, Whited MC, Appelhans BM, Schneider KL, DeBiasse MA, Oleski J, Waring ME, Curtin C, Pagoto SL: Does Behavioral Weight Loss Treatment Reliably Improve or Worsen Depression Among Women with Major Depression. (Poster) Society of Behavioral Medicine 33rd Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, New Orleans, LA, April 11-14, 2012.
Lenders CL, Heinrick JR, DeBiasse MA, Gorman KA: Secondary Prevention of Obesity Among Children Age 5 and Under. (Poster) Experimental Biology annual meeting, Washington DC, April 7, 2011.
DeBruijn S, DeBiasse MA. (May, 2006) Development of a nutrition risk screening tool for oncology patients. (poster session) Massachusetts Dietetic Association, Norwood, MA
DeBiasse MA. (September, 2004) An update on the management of obesity. (oral presentation) Boston University School of Medicine/Quincy Medical Center, Quincy, MA
DeBiasse MA. (November, 2002) An endocrinology update for the primary care provider with a special focus on diabetes. (oral presentation). Boston University School of Medicine/Quincy Medical Center, Quincy, MA
Lanifero A, Patton K, DeBiasse-Fortin MA. (May, 2002) Diabetes self-management education: Does a limited inpatient education improve knowledge? (poster session) Massachusetts Dietetic Association, Norwood, MA
DeBiasse MA. (June, 2001) Mineral and trace elements in critical illness. (oral presentation) Massachusetts Dietetic Association/Dietitians in Nutrition Support Practice Group. Boston, MA
Consulting and Professional Activities
- Peer reviewer: Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition, Nutrition in Clinical Practice
- Book reviewer: Nutrition Support Core Curriculum: A Case-Based Approach. Gottschlich, MM, ed. (2007) American Society for Parenteral and Eneteral Nutrition, Silver Spring, MD
- Book reviewer: Contemporary Issues in Nutrition Support Practice: A Clinical Guide, 2nd ed. (2003) Martarese L, Gottschlich MM, eds. Elsevier Science/WB Saunders, St. Louis, MO
- Book reviewer: Krause MV, Mahan LK. Food, Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 11th ed. (2002) WB Saunders, Philadelphia, PA
Awards and Honors
- The Virginia E. Pinney Award for outstanding leadership potential in the field of dietetics. Rush University, Department of Clinical Nutrition. December, 1987
Licensing and Certification
- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration, Chicago, IL