Lawrence E. Venis, EdM, ATC
Lawrence E. Venis, EdM, ATC
- Adjunct Faculty
- Master of Education in Instructional Design, University of Massachusetts at Boston, 1998
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Sports Medicine/Athletic Training concentration, University of Massachusetts at Boston, 1986
- AT432 Organization and Administration of Athletic Training
- AT505 Clinical Athletic Training IV
- AT355 Prevention of Athletic Injuries and Illnesses
- AT357 Physical Agents
Scholarly and Practice Interests
- Catastrophic Injuries & Emergency Management
- Organization & Administration of Athletic Training
- Leadership & Mentoring of Clinicians
- Athletic Trainers Educators’ Conference, Dallas, The Use Of An Integrated Database To Manage An Athletic Training Education Program, Venis LE, Laursen RM, Brown SD. 2007.
- College Athletic Trainers Society, Spring Symposium, Las Vegas, “Catastrophic Injuries and the Financial Impact.” 2006.
- Eastern Athletic Trainers Association, Annual Meeting, Boston, “Being on the Athlete’s Side of a Subdural Hematoma – An Athletic Trainer’s Experience.” 2005.
- Boston University Sargent College, Approved Clinical Instructors Workshop, Topic: Ethics. 2005.
- Boston University Sargent College, Approved Clinical Instructor Workshop, “The CourseInfo Site and Saving Trees: Paperless Documents.” 2003.
- Eastern Athletic Trainers Association, Annual Meeting, Providence, “Catastrophic Injuries: The Athletic Trainer’s Role After The Event”. 2007.
- College Athletic Trainers Society, Annual Meeting, Kansas City, “Catastrophic Insurance: Is the Current NCAA Policy Enough?” 1999.
Venis LE, Laursen RM, Brown SD. The Use Of An Integrated Database To Manage An Athletic Training Education Program. Athletic Trainers Educators Conference (Proceedings), Dallas, TX, 2007.
- Athletic Trainer, Boston Marathon, Boston Athletic Association, Boston MA
- Medical Site Coordinator, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Women’s Ice Hockey Frozen Four National Championship Tournament, Boston MA, 2009
- Medical Site Coordinator, National Collegiate Athletic Association, Men’s Ice Hockey National Championship Tournament Committee, 1995 – 2006
- Northeast Regional, Worcester MA, 2006
- Northeast Regional, Worcester MA, 2005
- Frozen Four National Championship, Boston MA, 2004
- Northeast Regional, Worcester MA, 2003
- Northeast Regional, Worcester MA, 2002
- Northeast Regional, Worcester MA, 2001
- East Regional, Worcester MA, 1999
- Frozen Four National Championship, Boston MA, 1998
- East Regional, Worcester MA, 1997
- East Regional, Worcester MA, 1995
- Organizing Committee, Strategies for Strength & Conditioning and Therapeutic Exercise to Prevent Lumbopelvic Pain in the Athlete Symposium, Boston, MA, 1997
- Organizing Committee, Practical Application of McKenzie Spinal Concepts for Certified Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists Symposium, Boston, MA, 1997
- Examiner, National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification, 1991-1994
- Secretary, Athletic Trainers’ of Massachusetts, 1992-1995
- Medical Coordinator, World Select 16 Hockey Tournament, Boston, MA, 1990
- Athletic Trainer, New England Pro-Am Hockey Satellite Training Program, Moscow, Russia, 1990
- Elected to the Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts Hall of Fame (2014)
- Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts, 20th Anniversary Service Award, Secretary, 2003
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association District 1, Unsung Athletic Trainer Award, 1996
Licenses and Certifications
- Board of Certification, Certified Athletic Trainer, #00010635, 1986-present.
- Massachusetts Board of Allied Health Professions, Licensed Athletic Trainer, License # 313, 1986- present.
- Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Approved Clinical Instructor, 1994-present.
- American Red Cross, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Professional Rescuer