- Additional Titles:Coordinator of Externship Placements
- Education:B.A. Speech and Hearing Sciences and Psychology, Indiana University, Bloomington
M.A. Speech-Language Pathology, Northwestern University, Evanston
Scholarly, Research, and/or Practice Interests
- Models for applying and teaching Evidence-based Practice to the diagnostic process in speech-language pathology.
- Clinical Interests include assessment and treatment of childhood language, phonological and fluency disorders; assessment of learning disabilities. Specialize in evaluating internationally adopted children.
- SH737 Diagnosis and Evaluation in Speech Pathology
- SH650 Healthcare Seminar
- SH521 Phonetic Transcription
- SH742 C Diagnostic Team
Oppenheimer, B., Self, T. and Seiff, S. Integration of Clinical Practice and Research: Successful Curriculum Models ASHA Publication, 2006.
Selected Recent Presentations
- “Application of Segmental and Whole-Word Phonological Analysis in Assessment: EBP Case Study” with Maxine Van Doren Poster at ASHA Convention, Chicago, Illinois; November 2013.
- “Assessment of a Cochlear Implant User’s Intelligibility: EBP Case Study” with Laura Kasparian Poster at ASHA Convention, Atlanta, Georgia; November 2012.
- “ The Role of the Speech-Language Pathologist on the Pediatric Medical Team” Invited speaker to the Pediatric Medical Seminar, MGH for Children-Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA; August 2012.
- “The Psycholinguistic Model for Evaluating Children with Speech and Language Impairments” Invited speaker Harvard University Medical School Pediatric Psychiatry Fellow’s Interdisciplinary Seminar, Cambridge, MA; July 2012.
- “Evaluating Children with Speech and Language Impairments-Case Studies” Invited speaker Harvard University Medical School Pediatric Psychiatry Fellow’s Interdisciplinary Seminar, Cambridge, MA; August 2011.
- “Identifying Children with Speech and Language Impairments-Case Studies” Invited speaker to Case Study Seminar, MGH for Children-Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, MA; August 2011.
- “Improving Graduate Students’ Advanced Computer Search Strategies” Poster Presentation at ASHA Convention, Philadelphia, PA; November 2010.
Recent Professional Positions
- Pediatric Speech-Language Pathology Team Leader, Newton-Wellesley Hospital/Massachusetts General Hospital for Children. 2003 to 2013.
- Speech-Language Pathology Consultant, Children’s Hospitals Boston, Neurology Foundation, Learning Disabilities Team. 2003 to 2010.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology: American Speech- Language & Hearing Association
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist: State of Massachusetts