Remote Desktop from a Mac to a Windows Computer at BU
1. Configure the built‐in VPN or set up the BU AnyConnect VPN. Instructions for both can be found at http://www.bu.edu/tech/accounts/remote/vpn/vpn/
2. Look for Remote Desktop Connection in your Applications folder. New Macs come with it already installed, but if you don’t find it, you can download and install the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac from:
3. Start and Connect the VPN Client.
4. From the Applications folder, launch Remote Desktop Connection.
5. In the Computer: box, type the full name of your Sargent computer. It will look something like sar‐xx‐xxxx.ad.bu.edu or sar-d-xxx-xxxx.ad.bu.edu.
6. In the Username: box, type your username, and in the Domain: box, type AD.
7. Leave the password blank since you will input it at the computer login screen.
8. Click the Connect button.
9. You might see an alert message: “Remote Desktop Connection cannot verify the identity of the computer that you want to connect to.” This message is normal; just click the Connect button.
10. Now you’ll be connected to your office computer. Type in your password and click OK as you normally do.
11. Use the computer just like you would when you’re in the office.
12. When you’re finished working, simply Log Off as you normally do, and you will be returned to your Mac.