How to Print to the Copier/Printer from a Mac
- First download the driver on your Mac. You can find the driver on the Ricoh website: Ricoh. Search for mp 8001
- Download the correct one for your Mac OS
- Install the driver by double-clicking on the file you downloaded.
- Go to Apple ->System Preferences and click on Printers and Faxes
- Click on the plus sign [+] to add a new printer.
- Click IP on the top tab and then choose Line Printer Daemon for the type of connection
- Type in your appropriate IP address:
- The program will search for the driver and find it automatically. You should see Ricoh Aficio MP 8001 PS in the Print Using box. If you don’t, click on the drop-down arrow and choose Select Printer Software. Search for 8001. Choose the correct result and hit OK.
- Change Name to something useful to you, such as “Ricoh,” or “PT copier.”
- Click Add.
- For installable options, change:
Large capacity tray: installed
- Click Continue
- You’re ALMOST done. Follow the Mac instructions on this page to set up your user code.