Who should I contact for facilities issues?

Please direct facilities requests as follows:

Facilities Management (617-353-2105)

  • Floods or leaks requiring immediate attention
  • Heating and cooling problems requiring immediate attention (i.e. insufficient heating or cooling, strange noises or odors from vents)
  • Broken locks, windows, or doors presenting an immediate security issue
  • Clogged toilet
  • Power outage

Area Manager Roger Seale (617-353-0618)

  • Minor leaks or drips
  • Broken locks, windows, doors (if not endangering persons or property)
  • Replacement lightbulbs, paper towels, toilet paper
  • Missing or broken classroom furniture such as chairs, desks, tables, or podiums

 Custodial Services (617-353-2109)

  • Non-hazardous spills, such as coffee in the hallway
  • Gaining access to rooms and offices if locked out
  • Requesting chalk for classrooms

Operations Manager Michael Jennings (617-992-6425)

  • Moving or removing large items
  • Getting new keys or changing locks
  • Routine upkeep or repairs
  • Furniture inquires
  • If you have trouble resolving an issue through any of the channels listed on this page

Department Managers

  • Setup for on-campus events
  • Hanging pictures, wipe boards, etc.
  • Any requests paid for through the department

If you are at 635 Commonwealth Ave., contact the MSC (617-353-4201); At any other building, contact the BU classroom hotline (617-353-3227) for:

  • Problems with classroom electronics such as a computer or overhead projector
  • Any other classroom issue that is not a facilities emergency

Note: For Swipe Access, please submit the Card Reader Access Form.