What are the main functions of Information Technology?
- Provide computer repair and troubleshooting
- Provide computer purchasing advice
- Manage equipment inventory, identify systems in need of replacement, and purchase hardware and software for the College as needed
- Provide network storage and access
- Assist with database projects
- Provide hardware and software training and support
- Provide orientation to new employees and assist with their onboarding
- Help people use BU services on their mobile devices
- Manage the decommissioning of College owned hardware
Please click here for additional information on tech support and information security.
Card Reader Access
To request access to a Sargent door via ID card access, please use the Card Reader Access Form.
To reserve MSC equipment or request an equipment set up, please use the Equipment Reserve Form.
HIPAA Access Authorization
If you require HIPAA protected access, please ask your supervisor to download this Authorization Form. Once you’ve completed the form, your supervisor needs to send it to Sar-Help@bu.edu.
To grant network access or request access to a specific folder on Sar-net, please use the Network Authorization Form. For all other IT requests or problems please use the Desktop Services Help Form.
- IT Requests
- The Computer Lab
- Office Computers
- Home Computers
- SAR Security Do’s and Don’ts
- Information Security Policy
- Personal Information Protection Program