Whitney R. Powers Award for Teaching Excellence
About the Award
The Sargent College Faculty Council invites students, alumni, and faculty to nominate current full-time or part-time Sargent faculty for consideration for the Whitney R. Powers Award for Teaching Excellence.
This award recognizes an outstanding teacher from the Sargent faculty and is named in honor of Whitney R. Powers, professor emeritus of BU Sargent College, who for more than 25 years shared his gifts as an outstanding teacher.
To nominate a faculty member, please fill out and submit the electronic form below, describing how this nominee embodies teaching excellence.
Nominations for the 2016-2017 Whitney R. Powers Award will be accepted beginning in October 2016. The nomination period will conclude on March 13, 2017.
Several outstanding faculty have been recognized in recent years and are not currently eligible for this award:
- Lee Marinko, Department of Physical Therapy & Athletic Training (2015-2016)
- Jason Bohland, Department of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences (2014-2015)
- Elizabeth Gavett, Department of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences (2013-2014)
- Ken Holt, Department of Physical Therapy & Athletic Training (2012-2013)
- Karole Howland, Department of Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences (2010-2011)
- Ellen Cohn, Department of Occupational Therapy (2009-2010)