If you are currently a senior in a 5 or 6-year BU Sargent College program—for example, a combined BS/MS or BS/DPT degree program—you are currently an undergraduate. You will become a graduate student at the start of your fifth year or after receiving your undergraduate degree. Any financial assistance you receive in your fifth year or beyond will be processed through the Sargent College Office of Graduate Financial Aid.

Key information for continuing seniors:

Federal Direct Stafford Loans in amounts of up to $20,500 per academic year are available to graduate students. During clinical experiences, Stafford loans may be requested for living expenses. Please see Clinical Affiliation / Internship Loans.

  • To apply for aid, you must submit both a Sargent College Graduate Application for Financial Assistance and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1. (The correct version of FAFSA will be available online after October 1.)
  • Graduate students are considered independent for federal financial aid. You will not need to submit your parents’ financial information.
  • FAFSA now uses prior prior year tax information. This means for the 2017/2018 FAFSA you will use tax returns from 2015.
  • The CSS Profile is not required for Sargent College graduate students.