The requirements to enter the junior year are 64 credits and a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 must be achieved for graduation from the four-year program.
Graduation requires a minimum of 128 semester credits, distributed as follows:
- Math and Natural Sciences (16 credits)
- Philosophy/Ethics (4 credits)
- Statistics (4 credits)
- Social Sciences (16 credits)
- Humanities (12 credits including CAS WR 100, CAS WR 150, and Linguistics)
- Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (10 credits including SAR HP 151, SAR HP 252, and SAR HP 353 or a Sargent elective)
- Courses in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (42 credits)
- Electives (24 credits)
Courses that fulfill these requirements are listed in the curriculum section.
You may choose electives that are of interest to you from Sargent College or the other schools and colleges at BU. Some students use their electives to pursue a formal minor in a specific subject area such as psychology, public health, or a foreign language.