Post-Professional Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship
The Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship is a post-professional program for licensed physical therapists who would like to elevate their level of clinical practice, advance their careers, and become leaders in the physical therapy profession. Offered in collaboration with ProEx Physical Therapy, this unique fellowship is approximately one year in length. Fellows will be hired full time for the duration of the fellowship at one of the outpatient clinical sites associated with the program.
The fellowship will include clinical, didactic, teaching, and scholarship components. Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be eligible for fellowship status in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy (AAOMPT).
At the completion of the program, BU Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellows will:
- Develop the skills to become an autonomous, expert clinician in orthopaedic manual physical therapy
- Communicate effectively in all interactions with patients/clients, other health care providers, and insurance regulators
- Engage in the critical review, interpretation, and synthesis of scientific literature and apply relevant findings to clinical practice
- The fellow will demonstrate effective teaching to colleagues, novice physical therapists, physical therapy students and patients.
- Exhibit high standards of professionalism in all clinical, research, and educational activities
- Attain fellowship status in the AAOMPT
For more information, visit the Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy Fellowship website.