Following completion of the junior year, a minimum requirement of 91 credits, a 3.0 cumulative grade point average, and a minimum 44 weeks of full-time clinical experience are required to obtain the DPT degree.
Once you begin the professional portion of the program (the summer after junior year), you must meet all the academic standards and requirements of the DPT program, including:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 during the three professional years. This GPA consists of all courses included in the professional curriculum in addition to SAR HS 369 Gross Anatomy.
- A minimum grade of C in all required courses in the professional program.
- Demonstration of appropriate professional behaviors as described in the BS/Doctor of Physical Therapy Academic Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current CPR certification is required for all clinical affiliations.
- You may not repeat more than two courses in the professional program or you will be terminated from the program. No individual course may be repeated more than once.
For additional DPT program information, please refer to the DPT Academic Policy & Procedures Manual.