- An Activities Assistant will review your paperwork for funds available, signatures and deadlines. AAs will also log all paperwork received into their database.
- The Programmer of the Day, (on Duty), will review the paperwork further and pass it along to the Director or Assistant Director for Programming for a final programming approval signature.
- The Director or Assistant Director gives paperwork to the Business Office each morning. Generally, this is the paperwork handed in by groups the previous day. All programming questions have been answered by this time.
- The Assistant Director for Finance or Accounts Coordinator will review all paperwork, check the Working Capital Report for available funds, assign account numbers, and approve all paperwork, unless a problem has been identified.
- If a problem has been identified, SABO will return the paperwork to the AAs. They will consult with a programmer if necessary and then contact the group to clear up any problems.
- Once the paperwork has been approved by SABO, all carbon/yellow copies are reviewed by the Director and filed in the group's programming file in the SAO resource room.
- The SABO students and staff then process all original forms.
- When the paperwork is complete, it will either be sent to the appropriate person or company, or held in SABO for pick up by the group. Anything that is to be picked up by the group must be signed out.
These can be either sent to the vendor, or picked up by the group. Purchase Orders take 5 business days to process, unless they are Quickie Purchase Orders. Once the invoice is received the encumbrance is deleted and the student group is charged for the amount of the invoice.
Most Requisitions are automatically sent to the University Department providing the goods or services. An exception to this are Requisitions to Ikon Express and other copy centers. Once the requisition is received, the encumbrance is deleted and the student group is charged for the amount of the requisition. Requisitions take between 1-2 weeks to process, depending on the University vendor.
After the Check request form has been turned in with appropriate documentation, SABO will process a check within 5 business days. The check can be sent, picked up or sent with an attachment, as indicated on the form.
After the Performer Information Contract is turned in, SABO produces a typed contract that is sent to the performer. Payment is also generated before the date of the event. On the day of the event, a group representative can come to SABO to pick up the payment to give to the performer. If the contract has not been returned, the group representative can pick up a copy of the contract & W-9, have the performer sign them, and return them to SABO. The payment will be mailed out the next business day. Payment will not be issued without a signed contract. On-Campus contracts take 3 weeks to process.
First the off-campus contract is turned in to SABO with a purchase order for the amount of the contract. Next, the contract is sent to the Assistant Vice President and Treasurer for signature. Once the contract is returned to SABO, the fully executed contract is sent to the Vendor. One week before the event, SABO calls the Vendor and requests a final invoice for the contract. Once this is received, payment is processed and the encumbrance is deleted. A student group representative is responsible for picking up the check the last business day before the event and delivering it to the event representative. Off-Campus Contracts take either 2 or 3 weeks to process, depending on the type of service being provided vendor. Please keep in mind that the facility, such as a hotel, may need the contract executed months in advance of your event in order to reserve the space.
General Admission tickets and receipt books are provided to groups with their cash collection bags, free of charge. These must be returned with cash collection materials. If a group wants to print their own tickets, they must have them approved prior to printing, then number them in SABO. These tickets need to stay in SABO, with the cash collection materials until they are picked up. Cash Collection requests take 5 business days to process.
Raffles are regulated by the Mass. State Lottery Commission and require extra planning. Please make an appointment with the Assistant Director for Finance three weeks before you want to start selling tickets.