Declare a major or minor in Romance Studies
There are two independent steps for declaring a major or minor in Romance Studies (French Studies, Italian Studies, Linguistics, Portuguese & Brazilian Cultural Studies, Spanish).
Step 1: Officially declare it with your college. If you are a CAS student, complete the CAS Major/Minor Declaration Form. If you are a student in another college, you should follow the instructions from your own college for declaring or changing a major or minor.
Step 2 (for French Studies, Italian Studies, Portuguese & Brazilian Cultural Studies, and Spanish): Register it with the Department of Romance Studies by clicking here. You will receive an email with your advisor information. Please submit one form per major or minor.
Step 2 (for Linguistics): Officially declare it with the CAS Linguistics Program by clicking here.
If you wish to meet with an unofficial advisor to answer questions about the major or minor, you can request a temporary advisor by emailing the Senior Staff Coordinator.
If you are a student in a college other than CAS, the following Hegis codes may be useful when filling out a major or minor declaration form:
Major and Minor Requirements
- BA in French Studies (1143)
- BA in French & Linguistics (1147)
- BA/MA in French Language & Literature (1132)
- Minor in French Studies (1102)
- BA in Italian Studies (1131)
- BA in Italian & Linguistics (1148)
- Minor in Italian Studies (1104)
- Minor in Holocaust & Genocide Studies (2246)
- BA in Linguistics (1505)
- BA in Linguistics & Philosophy (1514)
- BA in Japanese & Linguistics (1149)
- Minor in Linguistics (1505)
- Minor in Portuguese & Brazilian Cultural Studies (0328)
- BA in Spanish (1105)
- BA in Spanish & Linguistics (1150)
- BA/MA in Hispanic Language & Literatures (1135)
- Minor in Spanish (1105)