Recent News and Events
- Lectures in Criticism: Amir Eshel, Poetic Thinking Today
- LAS: Reading & Conversation with Glória Sofia & Angélica Freitas
- BU Portuguese Students Visit Martha’s Vineyard Regional High School
- African Studies: Tuareg Music
- Brown Bag Series – Last 2019 Spring Meeting
- Jennifer Cazenave Pens Tribute to Varda
Why Study French, Italian, Portuguese, or Spanish?
In this era of increasing globalization, the command of foreign languages has become a necessity in our engagement with the worlds of contemporary science, technology, business, and diplomacy. There are, of course, many other pleasures to be had from mastery of a second language, including access to great literary and cinematic masterpieces. Join us to live, learn, and grow beyond the current borders of your world!