Recent News and Events
- CANCELLED: 2016-2017 Lectures in Criticism: Anthony Grafton
- Emigrant Dreams, Immigrant Borders: Migrants, Transnational Encounters, and Identity in Spain (a talk by Raquel Vega Durán)
- 2017 Orientation Programs
- Commencement 2017
- 2017 Translation Seminar Lecture Series (in conjunction with XL 540): Yuri Herrera and Lisa Dillman
- Madness and/or Civilization: A conversation on Brazilian literature, art and with Jacques Fux and Rodrigo Lopes de Barros
Why Study French, Italian, Linguistics, Portuguese, or Spanish?
In this era of increasing globalization, the command of foreign languages has become a necessity in our engagement with the worlds of contemporary science, technology, business, and diplomacy. There are, of course, many other pleasures to be had from mastery of a second language, including access to great literary and cinematic masterpieces. Join us to live, learn, and grow beyond the current borders of your world!