Recent News and Events
- Conversation with Shenaz Patel
- Two Silent Film Classics: Assunta Spina & The Immigrant
- Wellesley College: Achille Mbembe
- Second Annual WLL Pedagogy Symposium
- BU Center for Teaching & Learning: 8th Annual Educational Innovation Conference
- Rethinking Enlightenment: Conference on Forgotten Women Writers of Eighteenth Century France
Why Study French, Italian, Linguistics, Portuguese, or Spanish?
In this era of increasing globalization, the command of foreign languages has become a necessity in our engagement with the worlds of contemporary science, technology, business, and diplomacy. There are, of course, many other pleasures to be had from mastery of a second language, including access to great literary and cinematic masterpieces. Join us to live, learn, and grow beyond the current borders of your world!