Recent News and Events
- Linguistics Open House
- Successful launch event of Holocaust and Genocide Studies minor (directed by Professor Nancy Harrowitz)
- Visions of Malandragem in Brazilian Cinema (a talk by Luis Felipe K. Hirano)
- BU Holocaust and Genocide Studies Launch Event
- 2016-2017 Lectures in Criticism: Sharon Cameron
- Boston Book Festival with Pierre Simenon (with Liliane Duséwoir to moderate)
Why Study French, Italian, Linguistics, Portuguese, or Spanish?
In this era of increasing globalization, the command of foreign languages has become a necessity in our engagement with the worlds of contemporary science, technology, business, and diplomacy. There are, of course, many other pleasures to be had from mastery of a second language, including access to great literary and cinematic masterpieces. Join us to live, learn, and grow beyond the current borders of your world!