Recent News and Events
- Black Lives Matter: From Conflict to Healing
- Professor Adela Pineda wins the Premio Bellas Artes de Ensayo Literario Malcolm Lowry
- 2017 Translation Seminar Lecture Series (in conjunction with XL 540)
- Professor Alicia Borinsky newly publishes book, My Husband’s Woman
- 2016-2017 Lectures in Criticism: Anthony Reed
- XXI Ibero-American Film Festival: “Cesar Chavez”
Why Study French, Italian, Linguistics, Portuguese, or Spanish?
In this era of increasing globalization, the command of foreign languages has become a necessity in our engagement with the worlds of contemporary science, technology, business, and diplomacy. There are, of course, many other pleasures to be had from mastery of a second language, including access to great literary and cinematic masterpieces. Join us to live, learn, and grow beyond the current borders of your world!