Gain the recognition you deserve as a nursing professional — and unprecedented respect. In the Navy Nurse Corps, provide high-quality nursing care for Sailors, Marines and servicemembers — and their families — wherever duty calls. Doing everything a typical nurse would do:
- Check vitals
- Treat wounds
- Manage triage
- Lift spirits, restore hope and mentor others
Then step outside of your comfort zone. That could mean taking part in humanitarian relief efforts as well as outreach programs in this country and around the world. Collaborating with physicians, surgeons, cardiologists and fellow nurses as colleagues and equals. Developing the leadership skills that will set you apart.
As a Navy Nurse, you’ll elevate your credentials and set the standard as you:
- Utilize some of the most advanced technology on the planet
- Work at the best military nursing facilities on shore, at sea and in the field
- Team with top health-care professionals on the highly respected Navy Health Care team
Navy Nursing offers an amazing scope of career opportunities. Not to mention, the chance to mentor junior team members and potentially teach others.
Navy Nurses can focus on any of more than a dozen sought-after practice areas, including:
- Ambulatory Care
- Critical Care
- Emergency Room/Trauma Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Nursing Psychiatry
- Recovery Room/Post-Anesthesia Care
- Specialty Surgery
The Nurse Option is open to midshipmen at Boston College and Northeastern University.