Operations Flight Commander
Major Diane Field
Major Diane Field is the Operations Flight Commander, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 355, based at Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts. She is responsible for the education, training and development of 50 cadets as they prepare to become Air Force officers.
Major Field graduated from the University of Iowa with a Bachelor’s of Business Administration and earned her commission through Air Force ROTC. In her first assignment, she served as an acquisitions officer for the Air Armament Center at Eglin Air Force Base, FL where she was a project manager on the Small Diameter Bomb II and Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile programs. From there, she went on to an assignment as an Education with Industry student at The Boeing Company in Seattle, WA serving as a project manager on the US Navy’s P-8 Poseidon program. Through this assignment, she was able to gain unique insight and perspective of the acquisition process from an industry perspective. Major Field then assumed her role for the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center at Hanscom Air Force Base, MA as program manager of the Host Based Security System and later the deputy program manager for the Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning System.
Major Field assumed her present position in June 2016.
2008 Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
2008 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, AL
2010 Master of Business Administration, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL
2014 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, AL
- July 2008 – June 2010, Small Diameter Bomb Project Manager, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, FL
- June 2010 – August 2012, Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile Project Manager, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, FL
- August 2012 – July 2013, Education with Industry Student, The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
- July 2013 – August 2015, Host Based Security System Program Manager, C3I&N Directorate, Hanscom AFB, MA
- August 2015 – June 2016, Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning System Deputy Program Manager, Battle Management Directorate, Air Force Lifecycle Management Center, Hanscom AFB, MA
- June 2016 – present, Operations Flight Commander, AFROTC Det 355, Boston, MA.
Program Management Level II
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one bronze oak leaf cluster
AF Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with one bronze oak leaf cluster
AF Longevity Service
AF Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 26, 2008
First Lieutenant May 28, 2010
Captain May 28, 2012
Major, December 1, 2017
(Current as of December 2017)