ROHP is Offering the Influenza Vaccine
Research Occupational Health Program (ROHP) will be offering influenza (flu) vaccines to employees at no cost. We encourage you to get the vaccine during one of the scheduled clinics to protect yourself, your colleagues and your family. For information regarding the 2013-2014 influenza vaccine please refer to the CDC website (http://www.cdc.gov/flu/) and the Massachusetts Department Public Health (http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/provider/guidelines-resources/services-planning/diseases-conditions/influenza/). Also please refer to the 2013-2014 CDC Vaccine Information Sheet (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/vis/vis-statements/flu.html). If you have any questions regarding the vaccine or clinic schedule please contact ROHP at 4-7647 or at email@example.com. If you have any specific concerns about receiving the flu vaccine you may also contact your primary care physician.
Please walk-in during the dates and times listed below. If you are unable to come during one of these designated times, please contact our office to schedule an appointment.
Walk-In Clinic Dates/Times:
Monday, October 7th
9:00 – 11:00 am, 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Thursday, October 10th
1:00 – 3:00 pm
Tuesday, October 15th
9:00 – 11:00 am, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Thursday, October 17th
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Location: ROHP, Evans 825, 72. E. Concord Street
You should not receive the vaccine if:
- you have a severe allergy to eggs.
- you have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination.
- you have developed Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of getting an influenza vaccine.
- you are moderately-to-severely ill. Please wait until you recover to get vaccinated.
- MA DPH recommends that all health care providers receive the influenza vaccine unless
- Wear a short sleeve shirt to enable easier access to your upper arm area.
The BU Occupational Health Center (BUOHC) on the Charles River Campus is also offering the influenza vaccine at no cost to Boston University employees. For information on flu clinic dates and times, please visit their website at http://www.bu.edu/buohc.