For over 20 years, the Boston University Scarlet Squad has welcomed new students to campus. The Scarlet Squad is a group of red-shirted upperclassmen, faculty, and staff who greet first-year students, assist them and their families as they move in to our residence halls, and promote sustainable practices during move-in. Participating in the Scarlet Squad is a terrific way to meet new people and give back to the Boston University community!
Each Scarlet Squad member is asked to commit to at least one 5-hour shift during Official Move-in Weekend. Volunteers will be contacted over the summer with specific details regarding their assignments once the schedule is finalized.
In return for their time, all Scarlet Squad volunteers will:
- get the opportunity to meet and welcome new and returning BU students
- be able to move in early to their fall residence assignments
- receive a special Scarlet Squad t-shirt
- support recycling efforts within their residential community
- promote RHA efforts that include quality of life endeavors and programming within residence halls
- receive an invitation to attend an exclusive dessert reception for all Scarlet Squad members during the first week of the fall semester
- have a great opportunity to recruit new members for their student organizations
To apply, simply complete the application below and click “submit.” And always feel free to contact Residential Education at email@example.com or 617-353-3540 for more information.
The application for Scarlet Squad 2014 is now closed. Please check back after spring recess in March 2015 to apply. Thank you.