For over 20 years, the Boston University Scarlet Squad has welcomed new students to campus. The Scarlet Squad is a group of red-shirted upperclassmen, faculty, and staff who greet first-year students, assist them as they move into our residence halls, and promote sustainable practices during move-in. Participating in the Scarlet Squad is a terrific way to meet new people and give back to the Boston University community!
Each Scarlet Squad member is asked to commit to at least three 3-hour shifts during Early Move-in (Session A) and/or three 3-hour shifts during Official Move-in Weekend (Session B). There will be a mandatory training session for all Session A volunteers on Tuesday, August 25, 2015, at 10:00 a.m., and for all Session B volunteers on Friday, August 28, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. (Session B training is not necessary if the volunteer has attended the Session A training). Volunteers will be contacted over the summer with specific details regarding their assignments once the schedule is finalized.
In return for their time, all Scarlet Squad volunteers will:
- get the opportunity to meet and welcome new and returning BU students
- be able to move in early to their fall residence assignments (Monday, August 24, 2015, for volunteers working during Session A, and as early as Wednesday. August 26, 2015, for volunteers working during Session B)
- receive meals before the dining halls open for the 2015-2016 academic year
- receive an exclusive Scarlet Squad 2015 t-shirt
- support recycling efforts within their residential community
- promote Residence Hall Association (RHA) efforts that include quality of life endeavors and programming within residence halls
- receive an invitation to attend an exclusive dessert reception for all Scarlet Squad members during the first week of the fall semester
- have a great opportunity to recruit new members for their student organizations
To apply, simply complete the application below and click “submit.” And always feel free to contact Residential Education at email@example.com or 617-353-3540 for more information.