For over 20 years, the Boston University Scarlet Squad has welcomed new students to campus. The Scarlet Squad is a group of red-shirted upperclassmen who greet first-year students, assist them as they move into our residence halls, and promote sustainable practices during move-in. Participating in the Scarlet Squad is a terrific way to meet new people and give back to the Boston University community!
Each Scarlet Squad member is asked to commit to at least three 3-hour shifts during Early Move-in (Session A) and/or three 3-hour shifts during Official Move-in Weekend (Session B). There will be a mandatory training session for all Session A volunteers on Tuesday, August 30, 2016, and for all Session B volunteers on Friday, September 2, 2016 (Session B training is not necessary if the volunteer has attended the Session A training). Volunteers will be contacted over the summer with specific details regarding their assignments once the schedule is finalized.
In return for their time, all Scarlet Squad volunteers will:
- get the opportunity to meet and welcome new and returning BU students
- be able to move in early to their fall residence assignments
- receive meals before the dining halls open for the 2016-2017 academic year
- receive an exclusive Scarlet Squad 2016 t-shirt
- support recycling efforts within their residential community
- promote Residence Hall Association (RHA) efforts that include quality of life endeavors and programming within residence halls
- receive an invitation to attend an exclusive dessert reception for all Scarlet Squad members during the first week of the fall semester
- have a great opportunity to recruit new members for their student organizations
To apply, simply complete the application below and click “submit.” And always feel free to contact Residential Education at email@example.com or 617-353-3540 for more information.
The Scarlet Squad Application is currently closed.