There are many factors to consider when selecting the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in your work area. The first step in this process is identifying the type of hazards. For example:
- Are there chemical, biological, or radiological hazards present?
- Are there splash or vapor hazards?
- Are there unique PPE fit factors that need to be considered?
- Will you be working in a location that is very hot or very cold?
- Is there a need for impact protection or fall protection?
No particular type of personal protective equipment (PPE) is correct for every task; therefore, it is best to consult with experts.