With funding from the Crafoord Foundation and SASNET, Frank Korom and his...
Major in Religion
The Department of Religion welcomes Majors and Minors from the various colleges of Boston University.
A student graduating with a B.A. in Religion (or a dual major in religion) will have learned the following:
- A knowledge of multiple religious traditions, their history, ideas, rituals, and vocabulary;
- The ability to interpret critically religious texts, ritual practices, and other forms of religious expression;
- An understanding of major theoretical models for the study of religion;
- The ability to research religious events, phenomena, and ideas in a substantive and responsible way; and
- An advanced knowledge of at least one religious tradition.
You can find our specific course- and distribution requirements here.
When you are ready to declare your Religion Major, you should take the following steps:
- Use the online form to declare your major or go to the CAS Advising Office located at 100 Bay State Rd, Rm 401 to fill out a Declaration of Major form.
- After you have Declared your major/minor come to the Department of Religion office at 145 Bay State Road, and see the Administrative Coordinator, Wendy, to fill out a Personal Information Sheet.
- The Administrative Coordinator will assign an academic advisor, or you can request a specific member of our faculty. Your academic advisor will help you design a program of study to meet all departmental requirements.
For further information, contact Administrative Coordinator Wendy Czik firstname.lastname@example.org at 617-353-2635.