Current students planning to take a course at another institution, either during the Summer or while on a leave of absence from Boston University, must contact their academic advisor in their school or college of enrollment. Students should seek approval before registering for courses elsewhere to ensure that the courses will be awarded transfer credit, if the course has not already been evaluated. The academic department is responsible for the decision to approve or deny courses for transfer credit for current students. Once the course has been completed, an official transcript from the other institution indicating successful completion of the course intended for transfer must be sent directly to the student’s school or college of enrollment for review and transcription.

You may review a list of approved Boston University equivalencies. Please note that this list is constantly updated.