Graduate Consortium in Women’s Studies (GCWS) at MIT
Cross Registration is available for any matriculated graduate student at Boston University. Students must have apply to and been accepted by the Graduate Consortium in Women’s Studies at MIT before beginning the BU Cross Registration process.
|Contact Information:||Director, BU Women’s Studies Program
College of Arts and Sciences
704 Commonwealth Avenue
- With the approval of the faculty of his/her BU graduate program, a student may receive a grade and graduate credit for completing a GCWS course that has been established on the MIT inventory. That approval is signified by the BU official signatures on the forms (steps 2, 3 below). An MIT twelve unit course is equivalent to a BU four credit course.
- The student should fill out a BU Cross Registration Petition (available on the Registrar’s Office web site identifying GCWS as the host institution and submitting it to the BU Cross Registration staff member in the Registrar’s Office after obtaining all signatures.
- The student must also fill out the GCWS Student Registration form, securing all signatures as indicated (the Director of Women’s Studies will sign for the ‘Academic Dean’ of school/faculty).
- Copies of the GCWS registration form will be forwarded to the BU Cross Registration staff member in the Registrar’s Office.
- Once the course has been completed and graded, an official MIT transcript will be forwarded to BU. The grade and course title will be added to the BU transcript.
- Standard BU tuition charges will apply; BU financial aid may be used for these courses.